Here’s a look at my favorite records of 1974 which was yet another fabulous year in music. In addition to a “top ten” there are also five additional fab records from that year that I just had to mention. One thing to note is that I didn’t discover my top three discs from 1974 until a few years later, so you will also get to see what my fave 1974 LP was that I actually listened to in 1974.
If you have yet to do so, please support my Music City Mike YouTube page by clicking the “Like” and “Subscribe” buttons below the video and by also sharing this link on your socials.
If you like this, be sure to check out my other 10 Best LPs and Ranking Records videos as well as my playlists of Great Forgotten Records and Looking for Records. Thanks again!
P.S. I have now covered 1974-1984 and there will be more to come. Also, what music did you like from 1974?
Nice list and some overlap with my favorite top ten from ’74. In no particular order:
• Eagles – On the Border
• David Bowie – Diamond Dogs
• Neil Young – On the Beach
• Steely Dan – Pretzel Logic
• Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
• Linda Ronstadt – Heart Like a Wheel
• John Lennon – Wall and Bridges
• Eric Clapton – 461 Ocean Boulevard
• Bad Company – Bad Company
• Lynyrd Skynyrd – Second Helping
Mike another good site for listing albums and songs by the year.