Without a doubt, The Long Players are one of the best entertainments that Music City has to offer. Getting ready to celebrate ten years together, these guys have now recreated over 60 different classic records live using some of the best singers the city has to offer. Their session-quality musicianship and attention to detail have made their performances an art form.
The LPs debut their work at the Mercy Lounge. And, as a regular treat to their fans, the band is now reprising some of their earlier efforts at Third and Lindsley. This night’s gift was a revisit to 1969 with The Band’s great eponymously-titled second record. The LPs originally performed it back in 2004.
Here’s a photographic run-down of the set list and guest singers. As always, the night ended with a second set of greatest hits from the featured band. Details below.
1. Across the Great Divide (Jeff Finlan)
2. Rag Mama Rag (Webb Wilder)
13. Don’t Do It (Danny Flowers)
14. Ophelia (Pat Buchanan)
15. This Wheel’s On Fire (Matraca Berg)
16. When I Paint My Masterpiece (Jeff Hanna)
17. I Shall Be Released (Gary Nicholson)
18. Chest Fever (Jeff Finlan)
19. Time to Kill (Webb Wilder)
20. Back to Memphis (Chuck Mead)
21. The Shape I’m In (James Rubin)
22. The Weight (ALL)